Mississippi 4-H Livestock Programs
It’s not just showing—it’s growing, too!
Join Mississippi 4-H and grow your knowledge and skills with
- beef cattle.
- dairy cattle.
- meat goats.
- dairy goats.
Junior and senior 4-H’ers can share what they have learned at
- judging contests.
- quiz bowls.
- individual and team demonstrations.
- public speaking contests.
- premier exhibitor contests.
- art and photography contests.
You will learn how to
- treat animals ethically.
- win and lose graciously.
- communicate clearly.
- work with others.
Discover responsibility by
- being a reliable team member.
- caring for an animal that depends on you.
- participating in competitions.
Mississippi livestock competitions for 4-H’ers are held at
- Mississippi State Fair.
- Dixie National Junior Round-Up.
- district livestock shows.
- district and state 4-H horse championships.
- county fairs and jackpot shows.
For more information on 4-H livestock programs, contact your county MSU Extension office.
The Mississippi State University Extension Service is working to ensure all web content is accessible to all users. If you need assistance accessing any of our content, please email the webteam or call 662-325-2262.