Poultry Chain Project
The Poultry Chain Project gives participants a hands-on learning experience right in their own backyard. Throughout this 5-month project, participants learn poultry management skills and disease awareness, as well as other valuable life skills such as caring for living animals, budgeting expenses, developing a business, leadership skills, presentation abilities, and so much more. Eligible county-level participants have the opportunity to advance to the state fair to compete for monetary awards. Students can continue to expand their skills in showmanship through state poultry shows.
- Showmanship Video
- 4-H Guide to Raising Chickens
- Storey’s Guide to Raising Chickens
- P3624- Poultry Beginnings: Raise Your Own Backyard Chickens
- Program of Work
- 4-H Poultry Chain Project
- Backyard Poultry Production Basic Overview
More information regarding the State 4-H Poultry Chain Project show will be sent via email.