Workshop 4. Vitamins, Minerals, and Fiber/Putting it All Together
Participants will accomplish the following:
Learn about the health benefits of vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Understand how vitamins, minerals, and fiber promote overall health.
- Identify fat and water soluble vitamins and understand their functions.
- Identify important minerals and how they can help control diabetes.
- Identify vitamin and mineral deficiency and recognize signs and symptoms of those deficiencies.
- Identify soluble vs. insoluble fibers.
- Learn how to use fiber to reduce blood sugar spikes.
- Create healthy meal plans.
- Identify personal roadblocks in your journey of healthier eating habits.
- Understand the benefit of physical activity in diabetes management.
- Identify resources for assistance with these topics.