Workshop 2. Carbohydrates and Sweeteners
Participants will accomplish the following:
Understand carbohydrates and how to make the best choices to balance your blood sugar.
Learn the difference between simple and complex carbs. Learn carbohydrate portion control.
- Practice creating meals based off of the plate method.
- Identify starchy vegetables and non-starchy vegetables.
- Identify standard portion servings.
- Identify types of artificial sweeteners.
- Identify sugar substitutions in recipes.
- Identify resources for assistance with these topics.