Workshop 1. Living Well with Diabetes
Participants will accomplish the following:
Learn how to live with and manage diabetes.
Learn how insulin and glucose interact in your body. Learn the different types of diabetes. Understand the test used to diagnose and treat diabetes. Learn about the emotions involved in diabetes.
- Learn about diabetes and the relationship to nutrition and physical activity.
- Discuss diabetes self-management.
- Taste-test diabetes-friendly recipes.
- Learn healthy cooking techniques.
- Gain confidence in diabetes self-management.
- Interact with others in class.
- Identify resources for assistance with these topics.