The Food Factor: Balsamic Roasted Carrots
Video by Jonathan Parrish
Need a quick side dish? Tired of your usual preparation methods? Try these Balsamic Roasted Carrots for a budget-friendly, flavorful veggie that goes with almost any main dish!
Crew Review: We expected these to have a much bolder balsamic flavor, but the carrots were pretty mild! We also cut the carrots into smaller pieces than the recipe instructs to make them easier to eat. This should be a family-friendly alternative to traditional cooked carrots!
Balsamic Roasted Carrots
- 8 carrots, medium, quartered lengthwise (3½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub carrots under cold running water.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a roasting pan or baking sheet with foil.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and toss to coat.
- Place carrots on the pan and roast for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until caramelized and slightly tender.
Thanks to Get Fresh! for this recipe. Get Fresh! is an initiative of the Chickasaw Nation.
For behind-the-scenes photos, crew reviews, and terrific kitchen tips, be sure to follow The Food Factor on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
And if you like our recipes and videos, we’d love for you to share them with your friends! It really helps!
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.