The Food Factor: Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Video by Jonathan Parrish
If you love fried chicken wings but want a healthier option, these Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings cooked in the air fryer are for you! I love the crispy texture and delicious citrus flavor almost as much as I love knowing they are better for me to eat!
Be sure to use a meat thermometer to test the internal temperature of the wings.
Crew Review: We LOVED these wings! This recipe is probably one of the most popular we’ve ever tried.
Check the lemon pepper seasoning label to make sure it contains only lemon and pepper. Many lemon pepper seasonings have a lot of sodium.
Add more flavor with more garlic powder, lemon pepper, cayenne, or smoked paprika. These seasonings do not contain sodium.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
1 pound chicken wings, split into flats and drumettes
1 Tablespoon olive oil (or your preferred oil)
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 Tablespoons lemon pepper
dash of cayenne or smoked paprika
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Thoroughly pat dry the chicken wings with paper towels and place in a mixing bowl. Do not rinse raw chicken. Throw away the paper towels immediately after use.
- Wash your hands with soap and water after touching raw chicken.
- Evenly coat the chicken with a tablespoon of oil, and then sprinkle with seasonings.
- Wash your hands with soap and water after touching raw chicken—every time.
- Preheat your air fryer if your instructions tell you to do so. The additional few minutes will allow the chicken to marinate in the seasoning.
- Place the chicken in your air fryer basket, spacing evenly.
- Air fry at 400°F for 8 minutes per side, or until chicken wings are crisp and golden brown with an internal temperature of 165°F. Measure the temperature with a food thermometer at the thickest part of the chicken, but not touching the bone.
This recipe is part of our own MSU Extension publication P3578, “Air Fryer Recipes.”
And if you like our recipes and videos, we’d love for you to share them with your friends! It really helps!
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.