Local Food System Economies
Local Food System Economies (LFSE) is a Mississippi State University Extension educational program that aims to support the economic development of local food systems in Mississippi. The program provides educational materials, online marketing tools, and other resources that can be adopted by local food producers and others in the local food system value chain in Mississippi.
In addition, several applied research projects explore the economics and management of local food system economies in Mississippi. LFSE is one of several educational programs that support MSU Extension’s comprehensive local food system development initiative, Local Flavor.
Courses & Applied Research
- A Roadmap to Online Marketing Success for Local Food Businesses
- The Economics of Local Food Systems in Mississippi
- Facebook Marketing for Local Food Businesses
- Instagram Marketing for Local Food Businesses
- The Economic Contribution of Selected Specialty Crops in Mississippi
- Estimating Local Food System Capacity in Mississippi
- The Economic Contribution of Farmers’ Markets in Mississippi
- Building a Local Food Business Brand Using Social Media and Websites